Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Cranberry, Tangerine, and Pomegranate Champagne Punch


What better way to deal with the madness of the holidays but with a nice, fresh cocktail in hand? This punch was such a fun, festive drink. I found the recipe in "The Martha Stewart Living Cookbook: The New Classics", a birthday gift from my friend Erica. I also got to use the leftover drink stirrers from our wedding as swizzle sticks which was way fun.
Serves about 20 (about 16 glasses)
1 package (12 ounces) fresh cranberries (for the swizzle sticks)
1 bunch fresh mint (for the swizzle sticks)
2 cups pomegranate juice
3 cups fresh tangerine juice (about 7 tangerines- I did not measure the juice, just squeezed 7 tangerines and called it a day!)
5 cups cranberry juice cocktail
2 bottles chilled champagne or other sparkling wine

To make the swizzle sticks, spear 3 cranberries alternately with 2 mint leaves on wooden skewers. Place the skewers on a baking sheet; cover with damp paper towels, and refrigerate up to one hour (I did this the night before and thought it was fine- fresh cranberries are too tart to eat like that anyway, so this is for decoration only in my opinion).

In a large punchbowl or pitcher, stir together the fruit juices. Fill glasses with ice, and ladel or pour about 1/2 cup punch into each glass; top with champagne. Garnish each glass with a swizzle stick. (I did not put ice in the glasses, and the drinks definitely needed it, especially since the cranberry juice I used was warm.)

fun swizzle sticks ready for the drinks!

No comments:

Post a Comment